Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Testimonies

Briefly explain how and when you became a Christian:
As long as I can remember, my mother and father taught us the Christian way. We always prayed before we ate, before we went to sleep, and we always thanked God for all his blessings. We felt that we were blessed and had God to thank.

Did the question get answered?

Briefly explain how and when you became a Christian:
I grew up in a Christian home with amazing parents. My family was very involved in our church and they made sure I had a strong upbringing that was centered on God. I became a Christian at a very young age, around 6 years old. My knowledge about God grew as I did and my walk with God eventually became much stronger as I got older.

Did the question get answered?

Briefly explain how and when you became a Christian:
I believe it was in 2001 at 18 years old, when I finally decided I needed to be baptized as a Christian.

I was surrounded by the Christian lifestyle since I was a teenager, not so much from my family, but both by my dance teacher (yes, I took dance too) and by my BMX team manager. This meant that while I was at home and traveling to races, I could see how true Christians lived their lives, and they influenced me so much. It was good though, because I made up my mind about accepting Jesus on my own (although it took 6 years). It was something I came to realize I didn't want to wait on anymore.

I still remember the moment when I knew I wanted to live my life for Jesus as much as I could; it was during a plane flight. I am really scared of flying, even though I have to fly many times a month. I have certain CDs that I listen to, to help calm me down when there is turbulence. I was listening to a Keith Green song called "YOU!" There is a line in the song that says, "Don't wait too long to decide." Now, I had been listening to that song for years, and knew exactly what that line was referring to, and that particular flight did it for me. I told myself that I was getting baptized when I arrived home, which I did.

Did the question get answered?

Testimonies from about.com/Christianity.

Testimonies are always interesting, because they are unique to the individual, but there should be a common thread to every ones conversion experience. The other interesting fact here is some admit to not being active or faithful to church.

The question was simple, but some answers miss the mark.

None of them mention personal SIN, or forgiveness or repentance from their SIN. I’m not trying to judge the validity of their testimony; I’m simply asking a question. If I were the interviewer I would have dug a little deeper. How does your testimony read?

No comments: